A Guide to Fluid Loss
The selection of a fluid loss additive for a particular application is based not only on the desired fluid loss control but also on:
- The effects the fluid loss additive will have on other cement properties
- The compatibility of the fluid loss additive with other additives selected
- The performance efficiency (cost effectiveness) of the fluid loss additive
- In some cases, the fluid loss additives which are physically available.
- Therefore, only general guidelines for Fluid-Loss selection are presented in this manual section.